Duties & Responsibilities
Receiving, Taking Charge of, and Accounting for All Monies Belonging to the Town
Safekeeping of all funds: investing to ensure safety and liquidity while obtaining maximum yield on investments. Maintaining a cash book reflecting the breakdown of all receipts, disbursements, and cash balances.
Furnishing the Auditor with a detailed record of cash receipts.
Paying All Amounts Due for Bills Payable, Salaries and Wages and Payroll Taxes
Managing cash so that all obligations such as payroll, bills, payments on bonds and notes and other remittances are paid in a timely manner.
Preparing payroll tax returns, accounting for taxes, insurance, retirement, deferred compensation, attachments, direct deposits, and other amounts withheld from wages.
Performing payroll research and completing wage information requests, auditing health insurance bills, preparing payroll histories for individual employees and collective bargaining groups.
- Negotiating all borrowing
- Preparing necessary offering documents and debt disclosures
- Preparing bank notes and reports on the debt to the Auditor and to the Department of Revenue
- Maintaining records and legal documents
- Collection and redemption
- Foreclosure and auction
Off-Duty Police Detail
- Preparing and mailing bills
- Preparing off-duty payroll
- Handling of cash receipts and collections