Municipal Commission On Disabilities
Commissions on Disability are established by vote of the City Council to promote the inclusion and integration of persons with disabilities in the activities, services and employment opportunities in the community.
- Advise and assist municipal officials in ensuring compliance with federal and state disability laws
- Review policies and activities of municipal departments and boards as they affect persons with disabilities
- Provide information, referral, advocacy and technical assistance to individuals, businesses and organizations in all matters pertaining to disability
- Coordinate the activities of other local groups organized to meet the needs of persons with disabilities
- Jean Carter - Chairperson
- Frank Mazzei- Vice Chairperson
- James Sebolt - Treasurer
- John McCarthy-Secretary
- Ed Lacour
- Joan Linnehan- Municipal Liaison
The Agawam Commission on Disabilities meets the second Tuesday of the month at 4 pm at the Agawam Senior Center, 954 Main Street, Agawam, MA 01001. Contact the commission at (413) 821-0605.