Agawam Zoning Board of Appeals
About the Board
MGL c. 40A. The Zoning Board of Appeals interprets and enforces the Zoning Bylaws of the Town of Agawam.
On a case-by-base basis, the Board of Appeals has the power to hear and decide on petitions for:
The Board of Appeals is made up of three members and two alternates who are appointed by the City Council for a term of three years.
- Appeals from the decisions of the Inspector of Buildings
- Special Permits as allowed under the Zoning Bylaw
- Variances from the requirements of the Zoning Bylaw
- Comprehensive Permits under Chapter 40B of Massachusetts General Laws
Current ZBA Members
- Doreen Prouty, Chairperson
- Richard Maggi, Vice Chairperson
- Gary Suffriti, Clerk
- Gary Geiger, Alternate Member
- Aldo Mancini Jr., Alternate Member
- 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month at 6:30 pm
- Agawam Public Library- Community Room, 750 Cooper Street*
The Board of Appeals holds public hearings on all cases before it. Notice of these hearings must be published 14 days before the hearing and all owners of property within 300 feet must be notified. The application, hearing, and approval process takes a minimum of two months from submitted application to signed decision. After a decision is written, signed, and filed with the Town Clerk, there is a 20-day appeal period.
Public hearings may be scheduled on other dates. For specific hearings, verify date and time contained in the Agenda of Public Hearings and Notice of Public Hearing posted at Town Hall.
*Location of meeting(s) is subject to change.
Agawam Town Hall
36 Main Street
Agawam, MA 01001
8:30 am to 4:30 pm