Agawam Beautification Committee
The Agawam Beautification Committee is made up of town residents who volunteer their time, energies, and talents to make Agawam a more attractive place to live.
The committee selects sites in town for development and enhancement.
The sites selected for adoption are landscaped, planted and maintained using committee resources.
Funding is provided through a town budget, contributions and in-kind services from businesses, private individuals, and public grants.
The committee welcomes and encourages community participation.
Current initiatives include:
- Flower and tree beds on the bike path are located along River Road
- Zoafia’s Garden located behind the Town Hall
- McGrath Park, located on North Street
- Town Hall is located at 36 Main Street
- 911 Memorial, located in front of the Fire Station at 800 Main Street
- Veterans Green located at the intersection of Main and School Streets
- Anne Sullivan Memorial, located in the center of Feeding Hills
- Morgan Sullivan Bridge separates Agawam from West Springfield
- Pynchon Point is located at the end of River Road
- Planter barrels are located on town property and at intersections around town
Current Committee Members
- Violet Baldwin, Chair
- Dorene Ayotte
- Gina Fusick
- Helen Lawrenchuk
- Linda Parrotta
- William Raymond
- Nancy Robinson