“Ground Breaking READS Agawam Public Library Adult Summer Reading Program” starts June 24, 2013 and ends August 16, 2013. Read or listen to a book checked out on your own card from the Agawam Library. Fill out a Review Slip and place it in the box at the Groundbreaking READS Showcase. (Review slips will be posted in the showcase so you can see what others are reading). ). All Review Slips must be dropped in the box by 12 noon, August 16, 2013. Completed Review Slips will be drawn in a raffle on August 16, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. for prizes worth twenty five dollars. The more you read the more chances you have of winning one of twenty prizes! Sign up for events beginning June 1, 2013, at (413)-789-1550 x789-1550 x4 or www.agawamlibrary.org. Receive a raffle ticket for each program you attend. “Groundbreaking READS” is sponsored by the Agawam Center Library Association, the Massachusetts Cultural Council, the Massachusetts Library System, the Boston Bruins, the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners, and CSLP.
A List of all the events follows:
1. June 24, 2013, 6:30 pm: READLocal –SRP Kick-Off Event! Refreshments provided by the Atrium. 15 local authors will participate in a group book event. Books will be available for purchase and signing.
2. July 8, 16, 24, August 1, August 9, 12:30-1:30 pm: Lunchtime Lyrics with Corlene Roberts (bring your lunch & enjoy a concert).
3. July 8, 7:00 pm: Couch to 5K—Informational session only with Agawam YMCA & Let’s Move Campaign
4. July 9, 2:00 or 6:30 pm (choose 1): eReaders and Libraries: What You Need to Know presented by Cynthia Laino of CW/MARS
5. July 11, 18, & 25, August 1, 8, 15, 10 am (6 week program) Old Bones Genealogy with Dave Robison
6. July 15, 6:00 pm: Learn to Create Zenatagle Art presented by Molly Hollibaugh, CZT
7. July 23, 9:30 am or 6:30 pm (choose 1) – Memory Journaling Presented by Maureen Shepard. Bring 3 photos and your memories
learn to share your heart stories through journaling. Materials included.
8. July 30, 7:00 pm: 82nd Airborne Division’s 505th Regiment. Living historians will reenact the past! Explore a WWII display, including
artifacts, equipment, radio broadcasts, and GI items.
9. August 5, 6:00 pm: Monet’s Mirror – Pastel Workshop presented by Artist Gregory Maichack. A workshop for beginners toadvanced, learn how
to produce your own unique pastel painting. Materials are included.
10. August 7, 7:00 pm, Rot to Riches – 5 Easy Steps to Composting with Bernadette with Bernadette Giblin and the Agawam
DPW. Learn to compost organically! The first 25 people (1 per family) who sign receive a free composting bin at the event!
11. August 16, 3:00 pm: Adult Summer Reading Program Raffle – Names will be drawn for 20 raffle prizes. You don’t need to be present to win,
(but you will get a free book). Winners will be called to come and choose a prize.
Contact: Wendy McAnanama, (413)-789-1550 x8865, email@example.com
joanne Szelag, (413)-789-1550 x8851, firstname.lastname@example.org