Please check your route schedule to make an appointment for the next scheduled collection day.
- Residents in single to four family units are eligible for the curbside collection of bulky waste.
- Bulky items are household items such as a floor lamp, couch, or mattress that cannot fit in your trash cart.
- *Any refrigerator, freezer, air conditioner or dehumidifier to be collected must have a certificate affixed to it, by a qualified technician, that all freon (CFC's) have been removed. Contact your appliance service firm for this service.
- Mattresses, box springs, toilets, sinks, carpeting - 3 feet in length, maximum weight of 40 pounds, will require a $5 fee per item, paid directly to Republic Services.
- A maximum of 5 items per collection will be taken.
- A maximum 2 televisions per year are allowed.
- Items to be collected must originate from the resident's household and must be placed on the tree-belt by 7 a.m. of the scheduled collection day.
- Residents must call the collection contractor, Republic Services at 413-557-6700 to arrange for a bulk item collection. (Please do not call the Town Hall Offices for an appointment, we cannot schedule the collections, you must do so directly with Republic Services.)
- Bulk Collections will take place on specific weeks throughout the year. Please refer to the currently collection calendar. Appointments must be scheduled 2 weeks prior to the scheduled collection week.
Materials Specifically Excluded From Bulk Collection
List is not all inclusive.
- Automobile parts
- Construction and demolition debris such as:
- Pressure treated wood
- Sheet rock
- Exercise Equipment
- Hot tubs
- Household garbage
- Household hazardous waste
- Oil tanks
- Hot water heaters
- Propane tanks
- Rubber tires
- Yard waste
- Bundled Wood
- Bundled Cardboard