The Agawam Fire Department and Agawam Police Department utilize advanced software programs and databases to prepare for emergencies. Because of recent upgrades, we are now able to store important information about individual addresses and access it in response vehicles while en-route to an emergency call.
For instance, if a resident provides us with information that he or she is mobility impaired and may not be able to evacuate themselves in the event of a fire, this information is instantly available as emergency personnel respond.
Completing the Form
By completing the Address Registration Form (PDF)
, you allow emergency response personnel to more effectively do their job…. serve you! If you or a family member meet any of the conditions please complete the Address Registration Form (PDF)
and return it to the Agawam Fire Department.
Approved Designations for Inclusion
- Cognitive impairment (i.e. - developmental impairment, dementia, Alzheimer’s)
- Deaf or severely hard of hearing
- Dependant on a life support system
- Emotional impairment
- Legally blind
- Mobility impaired (i.e. - walker, wheelchair, bedridden)
- Speech impaired
- Use a teletypewriter to communicate
- Utilize oxygen generating equipment or oxygen cylinders
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Agawam Fire Department at 413-786-0657.