Update on Town Hall Services
Due to Covid-19 the Town Hall doors are locked to the public to limit the spread of the virus and for safety precautions; however most departments are open to the public by appointment. Please see a list below for information pertaining to departments to better assist you with questions you may have as we navigate through this pandemic. We encourage you to visit each department page on our website www.agawam.ma.us. All services are still offered.
Drop Off Box Information: Two drop off boxes conveniently located at the entrance of the Town Hall front doors and a drive through drop box on the left side near flag poles. (Available 24/7)
- Accepted in the drop box are – bills, correspondence (put in envelope- identify department), census, absentee ballots, completed permits applications and check payments for Health Department (mark Health Department).
Treasurers/Collectors: 413-786-0400 X8218
- Bills that can be paid using the drop off box - real estate, personal property, water/sewer charges, excise tax and any other taxes or fees the collector/treasurer’s office processes.
-Please do not use cash, other forms of payment accepted are check, money order or bank check
-Processing Time - same day unless dropped off after 4:30 p.m. then it will be processed the following
- Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you require a receipt.
-24 hour drop off. Bills with a due date must arrive by 4:30 p.m. on the due date to be processed
that day or they will be considered late and processed the following business day.
- Excise tax warrants are to be paid to our deputy tax collector at the following website:
Clerk’s Office: 413-786-0400 X8215
Please deposit any Absentee Ballots or 2020 Census Forms in the drop box.
Please visit town website regarding Birth Certificates, Death Certificates and Marriage Certificates or call 413-786-0400 X 8215.
Please call for questions regarding Marriage Licenses and Business Certificates
Health Department Information:
- Please use the “drop box” for completed permits applications and check payments (address envelopes to Health Department to ensure they go to the correct dept.
- Appointments can be made for the dropping off of full sharp’s containers and the purchase of new 2 gallon ($10) containers between 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. by calling 786-0400 X8207.
- Appointments for vaccinations can be made by calling Public Health Nurse at 726-9722.
- Appointments for all septic plan reviews, perk tests or general septic information can be made by calling: Sanitarian @ 726-9757 or Health Agent @ 726-9721.
License fees and downloadable applications can be found on the left side of our webpage for your convenience.
Latest mosquito information:
Housing Code link:
Food Code link:
Updated information on COVID 19 (Novel Corona Virus) can be found on the State’s website: www.mass.gov/stop-the-spread
Assessor’s information: (413) 726-9701
The Assessor’s office staff can be reached directly by phone at (413) 726-9701 and we are available to provide “in-person” assistance with completing paperwork (ie. Personal Exemptions, Chapter Land, etc.) by appointment. Please contact the office to schedule an appointment prior to arriving at Town Hall. Additionally, any paperwork for the Assessor’s office can be put into an envelope marked “Assessor” and dropped into the Lockbox located in the front of the Town Hall offices.