On Monday, April 17th, the Department of Public Works will commence its Spring Yard Waste Collection. Yard Waste Collection takes place on recycling weeks, only on the days identified on the current 2023 collection schedule.
A Week Streets will be collected on their recycling collection day on the following weeks:
B Week Streets will be collected on their recycling collection day on the following weeks:
Residents must put their yard waste out by 7:00 am on their scheduled collection day.
Yard Waste is defined as:
- Grass clippings, leaves, weeds, shrub trimmings, and brush or limbs under 3” in diameter.
Acceptable Yard Waste preparation:
- 30-gallon biodegradable brown bags
- Bundled branches and brush up to 3 inches in diameter and up to 3’ in length, no heavier than 40 lbs bundled with organic twine.
- Barrels no heavier than 40 lbs marked as Yard Waste
- Bundles tied with wire, nylon or plastic (these items harm grinding equipment)
- Bundles heavier than 40 lbs
- Brush and limbs greater than 3” in diameter
- Yard waste bags contaminated with rocks, soil, or wood chips