Town of Agawam
Department of Public Works
1000 Suffield Street
Agawam, Massachusetts 01001-1837
May 23, 2018
Re: Chapter 90 Road Pavement Preservation Treatment
The Agawam Department of Public Works is pleased to announce that under the direction of Mayor William P. Sapelli, the following roads will receive Crack Seal pavement preservation treatments:
- Hendom Drive (Entire Length);
- Silver Lake Drive (Entire Length);
- Franklin Street (Mill Street to Springfield Street);
- Suffield Street (Silver Street to CT State Line);
- North Westfield Street (Springfield Street to North Street);
- South Westfield Street (Granger School to Shoemaker Lane); and
- Springfield Street (Junior High to Rowley Street).
The above list does not reflect the order in which the treatments are to be done. This road work is anticipated to begin Friday, May 25th and is expected to be completed in a timely fashion.
The following roads are to receive Fog Seal pavement preservation treatment beginning sometime in June:
- Franklin Street Extension (Entire Length);
- Poplar Street (Shoemaker Lane to Springfield Street);
- North Westfield Street (Springfield Street to North Street); and
- South Westfield Street (Granger School to Shoemaker Lane).
Various road reclamation and sidewalk re/construction projects will be funded through State Chapter 90 and Local funds, and are not reflected in the aforementioned lists. Construction is anticipated to begin in June and will continue through the summer and fall. Details for these projects will be released at a later date.
This information is subject to change due to weather, budget availability, assessments made in the interim or unforeseen conflicts with contractors and/or Town projects that may occur.
Robo calls and additional press releases will inform all residents of any additional pertinent information for these projects.
If you have any questions about these projects, please do not hesitate to contact Christopher Golba, DPW Superintendent, or Michelle Chase, Town Engineer, at 821-0600.